What’s the Difference Between AFC Urgent Care Paramus & ‘Retail Clinics’?
At this point, you may have noticed the numerous “minute clinics” that are opening up all around the country. These walk-in medical clinics are typically located inside superstores or recognizable pharmacies. While they’re capable of performing a range of medical services, however basic, they don’t possess the resources, experienced staff and convenience of urgent care centers, particularly AFC Urgent Care Paramus.
Our full breakdown of these differences begin with the versatility of our center versus a minute clinic. With a board-certified physician always on staff here at AFC Urgent Care Paramus, we have the ability to offer ER-quality diagnosis and treatment, along with occupational health and vaccination services. Minute Clinics, on the other hand, are often staffed by just one employee, who doesn’t have the experience and qualifications that our board-certified physicians have.
- No Register or Check-In Online
- Limited Lab Testing Services (usually simple tests such as blood pressure checks)
- No State-of-the-Art On-Site lab
- Clinics Predominantly Not Staffed By Physicians
- Very Minor Treatment Services (small cuts, colds, etc…)
- Board-Certified Physician ALWAYS on-staff
- Easy & Simple Online Check-In
- On-Site Lab Equipped With Apparatus Necessary For X-Ray, Urinalysis, Blood Testing & more
- Full Occupational Health Program (Drug Testing, DOT Physicals, Pre-Employment Physicals, etc…)
- Most Insurances Accepted & Extremely Affordable Self-Pay Options Offered
For more information about the range of services we offer, call us at 201.564.0953. And next time you’re in need of walk-in medical services, skip the minute clinic and instead visit us at AFC Urgent Care in Paramus, NJ!